Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Use Your Tailor

If I have learned anything over the years about clothes its not what you wear, but rather how you wear it. Proportions play a large roll in your wardrobe and its important to take this into account when buying new clothes. Almost everything you buy off the rack could be tailored to fit you better. Obviously this is somewhat unrealistic, but it is important to use your tailor consistently, and if you don't have one, find a good one. I have gone to the same lady for a few years and every time I bring in something new she knows how I like my clothes to fit. I almost always get my dress shirts/sport shirts altered, which usually consists of shortening the sleeves and bring in the width of the shirt. I also sometimes make minor changes, such as tapering sleeves of shirts/sweaters or my jeans. By investing the extra time and money, you can make your clothes look like they are made just for you.

1 comment: